Monday, January 28, 2008

It is freezing outside!!!!!!!!!

It has been extemely cold the last week! I give props to Jon and all the other brave souls who have to work out in this weather!!! I don't think I completely realized how misserable it must be until this morning. After the massive snow amounts we received this weekend and it now completely frozen over, our backyard is no longer a very friendly place for Missy to run around in. Jon is planning on borrowing a snow blower tonight so he can carve areas in the backyard for her to run around in and do her business. But as for today she has just been moping around the house depressed that she can't run around in her very own backyard! I decided to let her out in the front for a couple minutes so she could get some fresh air, do her business, and run around a little. I hated even standing there for the 2 minutes that I let her do this! It was so cold I could barely wistle to have her come back to me. With schools and other businesses being closed and most people just trying to stay inside today, there was a lot of silence. The only thing I could hear was the cracking of the ice on the trees which frightened me a little! There are a few trees in our front yard, counting our neighbors, that if they freeze over too much who knows when or where they will fall! Anyway, after standing there for 2 minutes it made me truly feel for Jon who works in this weather for hours!

No comments: