Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day weekend (Saturday and Sunday)

Labor Day weekend was awesome this year! I wish the weather could have been better, but we still had fun! Saturday we drove to the Silverwood campground to unload our stuff, set up our tent, and go into the park with my parents and Kaden. This is usually the last weekend of the year that we go......so after this you shouldn't have to see anymore Silverwood pics.....well except for my next post(which will be a smaller one) about our RAINY day at Silverwood on Monday. So....the first 7 pics are from our day at Silverwood on Saturday, all the MANY pics after that are from our amazing day on Sunday up at Silver Mountain!!!! :)

Grandpa K. and Eli This is one of Kambria's favorite rides! Here is Jon and Kaden and you can also see Kambria a few places behind them with the pink sunglasses. My mom rode with Kambria.......this is the ONLY roller coaster that my mom will ride!


Kambria wanted to get her face painted, this is what she picked out! I think it turned out pretty cute!
On the train

In the middle of the train ride there is a funny act by some "redneck" brothers who end up "robbing" the train. All the money taken(collected) is donated to the local Make a Wish foundation. This is Kambia giving him gold.....he was very excited.....they normally only get silver and green. I gave her one of the new gold dollar coins to give him. I was holding the camera up so I kind of cut off their hands, but you can get the picture :)

End of Saturday............

..........and now for Sunday........
We were trying to decide what to do, since we usually like to have a "family" day by doing something other than going to Silverwood on Sunday. Jon had never ridden the gondola at Silver Mountain and I hadn't ridden it since I was really young. So we all piled into my dad's truck.....with Jon and I sitting in the very back under the canopy so we would only have to take one vehicle. It was actually really nice to be able to take a drive like that, just cuddling in the back with my hubby!

Jon and Eli in the gondola

Kambria looking out the window as we are going "up and up and up" the mountain (as she said)

my mom and dad and Kaden

Eli and I as we were going even further up the mountain on the chair lift

Kambria and Kaden wanted to ride with Grandma and Grandpa K

This is what we saw after we got up to the peak (after a very short hike to the top) It was so beautiful!!!!! I thought it was a perfect thing to see on a Sunday....to be able to see more of Heavenly Father's amazing and beautiful creations.

my mom with Kambria and Kaden on the deck of the Silver mountain peak lookout house

my dad and Jon were very interested to hear about the "fire wheel" it is an old way(but still used) to keep a lookout for fires in the surrounding area and to be able to figure out the distance and location of them. My dad was excited to see one because my Grandpa (his dad) used to work on one.

Kambria on Grandpa K's shoulders

I love this family picture.....except that Kambria's hair is covering her face from the gust of wind that happened right then!

People usually don't come totally prepared for the cooler weather on top of the mountain during the summer. So they provide coats for people to wear; as you can see on my mom and I.

I have such an awesome mom and dad!!!!! Thanks for the great weekend!!!!

Jon, Eli, and I on our way back down the mountain.

They had a play ground for the kids between where you get off the chair lift and onto the gondola. Here is Eli taking one of his first rides down the slide! Weeeeeeee!!!!

I used to play tether(spelling???) ball all the time when I was in elementary school, so I was excited to see that they still exist!

My dad got us all hot chocolate to help warm us up from the cold mountain air! Yummy!!!!

I took this picture right before we left for those of you who have never been to Silver Mountain. I highly recommend this experience to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

oh, wow. That's so beautiful! I have to go there! Is it open in the fall? What does it cost?

The Mac Attack said...

Silver Mountain looks awesome. Were gonna have to go.