Sunday, May 10, 2009

"I Often Go Walking"....my Mother's day tear moment

Today in Relief Society we sang the Primary song "I Often Go Walking" for the closing song. I think I have heard it before.....I was in Primary for so many years you would think I had! Anyway, today it really touched my heart and made me tear up! Here are the words:

I often go walking in meadows of clover,
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue,
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over;
Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you.


O mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through,
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking,
I learn how to love them, dear mother, from you.


Though they don't smell real pretty and she gets them from our yard, Kambria loves to pick dandelions and bring them to me. Almost everyday she comes in and says: "mommy I brought you some flowers!" She doesn't know they are weeds and they will be gone as soon as we spray, but she sees them as flowers and loves to pick them for me! She is so sweet! As soon as we got home from church today she wanted to go pick one for me for mother's day, here it is~

"here mommy" :)

Here it is with the flowers that Jon gave to me for mother's day :)

1 comment:

EternaLeppert said...

When I hear that song, I think of MoTab. :) They have a beautiful version of it. But what do they sing that isn't beautiful??! :)