Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oregon Vacation ~ The Wedding Weekend

When we found out my cousin Emily was getting married in Portland toward the end of July we decided to make it a vacation!!! A vacation much needed after 7 years of not going on one!!!! Here are a few of the pics from the weekend of the wedding with the rest of our vacation week on the next post!


Kambria did a lot of coloring while we traveled from each destination! :) I got a great idea from the "Today Show" to use cookie sheets for something hard for the kids to color on! :) They worked out great! :)




My cute Grandpa and my cute boy! :) Eli was entertained for a while climbing up and down Grandpa Great's walker! :)



My cousin, the beautiful bride, and her groom, Chris :)



The beautiful Portland Temple!!!! Always one of my favorites!!!!



The kids, especially mine, were well entertained by the trees while pictures were being taken! :)



I remember having pictures taken of me in front of this same fountain when I was younger! :) Now it is my kids' turn! And I think they look pretty darn cute!!! :)



After we all left the temple, some of the family went to lunch at a yummy Italian restaurant at this Promenade (fancy outdoor stip mall). After lunch Jon and the kids and I decided to walk around for a little bit.......walk off some of the yummy calories we took in! :) We found this little play area for the kids that they had in the middle of everything!



We also decided to have a little after lunch dessert! We ate geleto for the first time from this cute little Italian cafe! :) It was very yummy! :)




Benson with his Grandpa Great at the reception. :)



Daddy loves to dance with his kids! :)




Emily and Chris departed the reception by running through everyone lined up with sparklers! It was my kids' first time experiencing sparklers! Eli loved it but Kambria was very hesitant at first.




Kambria especially loved dancing with my cousin Katie! :)


It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful reception!!!! And it was so GREAT to see a lot of my family and we missed all the others who couldn't make it!

1 comment:

EternaLeppert said...

So fun!! I'm glad you guys got to go and get away for a bit! And I agree... your kids are pretty stinkin' cute. :)