Monday, February 11, 2008

Does walking really help?????

Okay......so I have been walking so much lately!!!! I have been going to the mall and walking at a pretty good pace trying to move things along, Jon even came with me this morning since he has been working at night lately. I have heard that it is supposed to help, but I know that my cousin's Rachel and April both walked probably more than I have and they were both still late! I am going to keep at it.....but I think that the baby just comes when he/she feels like it! So, does "walking the baby or your body into labor" really work??????? I'm thinking not!

4 comments:

moxie mama said...

i sure hope it works for you!walking didn't put me into labor-but it did speed things along when i was already in labor...i say just keep trying, good luck!

EternaLeppert said...

Like I said, you can use my exercise ball! My dr. told me to stay off of them bc of early onset of labor. A few bounces on that might just do the trick!

Misty said...

I already told you this, but walking releases oxytocin which is the hormone that produces contractions. The baby still has to be ready, though! Good luck!

The Mac Attack said...

I did the walking alot and the ball like the last month, nothing worked, 5 days late and still only a 1/2 cm dialeted. I hope it works for you but like Misty said he will come when hes ready. Good Luck!