Wednesday, February 25, 2009

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ELI!!!!!

1 year ago (in about 3 hours from the time I am writing this) my little boy came into the world! I had been having contractions for about a week, not severe until a day or two before, but uncomfortable. We had been anticipating his arrival for so long it seemed. I was excited but nervous at the same time. I had a previous c-section with Kambria but was wanting a natural delivery with Eli. I did end up getting an epidural, but they made sure it wasn't so strong that I wouldn't be able to feel each contraction and when I needed to push, to me it was perfect! I remember watching "Family Feud" when all of a sudden I felt like I needed to push. The nurse came in, checked me, and found that I was at 10 cm and ready! Yeah.....here we go! My doctor came in and said that he would be back shortly since I would most likely be pushing for a little while. Oh....he was wrong! He ended up having to run back less than 20 minutes later! I don' t know how women push for longer than I did because that was the hardest and most exhausting thing I have ever done! After coming out face up and giving me 3rd degree tears we got to see our beautiful baby boy! We love him so much and are so grateful that Heavenly father has blessed us with him by allowing us to be his parents and be able to raise him in the gospel. Kambria loves him so much too and loves being a big sister!
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ELI!!!! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

1 comment:

Crystyne said...

Happy Bithday litlle guy!

It's amazing what you can do when you have Heavenly Father helping you!