Monday, April 20, 2009

What an Honor!

Late last week we were told that there would be a couple General Authorities coming to our ward on Sunday but we didn't know why. At first I thought maybe they would be splitting our ward since it has gotten so big, but I was really hoping that wasn't the case. Come to find out, our ward had been chosen to have Elder Perry from the 70 and our new General Sunday School President, Brother Richardson come visit our ward! Elder Perry spoke in sacrament meeting and Brother Richardson gave our Gospel Doctrine lesson. It was so awesome! I absolutely loved Brother Richardson's lesson and the way he gave it! He was so funny but very spiritual at the same time. We have a really good Sunday school teacher in our ward, but having him come and give the lesson yesterday was amazing!

7 comments:

Crystyne said...

Pretty cool! Why was your ward chosen?

Jon and Maryanne said...

I don't really know....I think it was just random....or random as in they probably prayed to know where to go. :)

Misty said...

Cool!

Linda said...

I say cool too:)

Becky said...

That is so exciting!!!! What topic did they talk about?

Jon and Maryanne said...

Gospel Doctorine was about the importance Joseph Smith played in our church's history and that we should follow his words from the Doctorine Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price. He also talked about how important it is to follow our current prophet as well.

EternaLeppert said...

Of course I had to stay home with Madeleine! She was miserable! But when George got home from church, he told me he should have stayed home and let me go so I could be in Sunday school. What a good husband. But I'm reliving that lesson vicariously through you guys! I'm sure it was awesome! Now, just come in to Sunday school on a regular basis instead of hanging out in the foyer, you skipper!! :) Love ya lots!