Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Reunion Fun at Beautiful Wapato

My mom's side of the family has held an annual family reunion ever since I can remember. I don't remember one that wasn't fun! I love my extended family! This year we went to the same place we went last year. Wapato Lake, up by Lake Chelan. It is so beautiful up there! Wapato doesn't have the crystal clear waters as Chelan, but it definitely has its own beauty. It is small and serene! The camp sites that we have gotten the last two years are right on the shore. I love falling asleep at night to the sound of the water and the wind blowing through the trees; and it definitely got windy in the morning and at night! I took so many pictures, but here are some of my favorites~
Kambria and Eli hanging out in Eli's pack n'play

Eli needed a bath, so I washed him in the dish tub.....he didn't like that so much! :)

My grandma with her favorite great grandchild!.....well one of many favorites! :)
Jon throwing Missy in the water for a little swim
Missy practicing her "dogie paddle"
Now for the "shake off"!!!

Just like his daddy with the hat backwards! :)
We went out on the boat with my Uncle Wayne and Aunt Gwen, it was so much fun....and Jon even got to drive so Wayne could go tubing too. He had fun trying and FINALLY succeeding knocking him off by finally getting the tube to flip! Wayne got him back though as you will see in the next few pictures.


Jon flying across the water..........
................and now in the water (I wish I would have caught "biff" on camera!)
Kambria rode on a tube for the first time last year and loved it! So this year she was begging to go again. She wanted to ride by herself but of course she is too young for that yet......so here she is riding with Mommy. I enjoyed the ride too; there were some bumps/wakes that we went over that I had to hold her tight, but for the most part it was a relaxing and fun ride! Thanks Wayne and Gwen!

Here is Gwen (don't shoot me for posting this picture!) and Eli. He enjoyed his first boat ride so much that he fell asleep before we were done.

Kambria wanted to ride again! So here she is with Daddy!

A shot of the camp!
It was windy in the morning and at night, but during the day it was so calm the water was almost like glass! Sooooo beautiful!

We enjoyed the ducks too! And I'm sure they enjoyed us being there, Kambria and I loved feeding them!
Mommy duck and her two ducklings were regulars at our "bread buffet"


One of Kambria's favorite things about camping is the tent!

I love Eli's little tongue sticking out of his cute smile!
I love my Grandpa!!! He tried to get to know everyone in the camp ground....he's a talker! Here he is when we were packing up to leave chatting with some girls. (I know they're cute Grandpa and so are you....but I think you might be a little old!)
It was a fun and relaxing weekend! I have such an amazing family! We had fun hanging out and talking with my Aunt Nancy's family and it was so nice to see my 2nd cousin Gwen and her family (different Gwen from before). And I also have to say that I have the best Grandparents in the world! We love you guys!!!




7 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

How fun! I love reunions! It looks like you had a ton of fun! It makes me want to go camping....but we'll see:)

M and N Tenny said...

You need to know that I always LOVE reading your blog and seeing the cute pics! Hey, how did you get the list of friends on your blog to list in order of most recently updated?

moxie mama said...

you got some cute pics! gwens hair is fabulous, lol! wonder what she thinks of it??? :) wish we were there!

Teresa and Ben said...

I just LOVE all of the pictures!! Thanks for updating your blog so thoroughly. I am so sad that I wasn't able to go to the family reunion - I really wanted to see you and your little Eli. Ben's sister is getting married and she received her endowments that Friday.

Unknown said...

how fun! I love camping reunions too. My husbands family goes camping and white water rafting and we were not able to go this year due to us being in Florida... I am glad you had fun, and your kids are too stinking cute!

julie said...

yay! i'm so glad you found us & left a comment!! that family piture at the top is adorable. :)

cameron said...

looks very enjoyable...what lake were you at???? your kids are so big now..it's crazy!