Thursday, December 18, 2008

20 inches of snow + a paper route

I haven't blogged about it yet, but Jon and I have been doing a paper route for about 3 months. It is hard getting up in the early early morning, but it has been well worth it. The kids come with us and just sleep in the van.
I don't have pictures yet since I still don't have a USB cable. But I will just say that it was crazy....or should I say an adventure! What would normally take us about an hour took 3 hours! That was also including helping about 5 cars who were stuck in the snow who for some reason thought they would be able to get through the 20 inches of snow in a little car!!! We took the truck today! Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive! I don't know if we would have gotten through it otherwise even with the snow tires on the van. Our hats are off to those carriers who somehow did get through their routes with their little cars.....since there are quite a few just out of our district! I will hopefully have pictures within the next few days.

5 comments:

Crystyne said...

Yeah, we had to pop the 4Runner in 4-Low just to get down our street.

Unknown said...

yes, I had the fun of a paper route in the snow that came last winter when we lived in Coeur d Alene still... I certainly don't envy you... I remember I would start my route at 2 am and i didn't finish till 8 am sometimes later... I had to borrow my father in law's ford f350 to do my route a couple of times. My father in law has done a paper route for 30 years.. so he was out there this morning too... good luck tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

wow. I'm sure glad you have that truck!

Linda said...

Happy to share some of the snow with you, we couldn't have it all. It did snow tons more today though on top of what we already had. I'm grateful for all wheel drive too.

EternaLeppert said...

We have not left the house for 2 days, even with having 4-wheel drive! Crazy! People were getting stuck left and right around here! I'm glad you guys have the truck as a back-up plan!!