Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My first homemade pie!!!

One of my mom's favorite pies is Strawberry Rhubarb. We didn't have any strawberries, but we did have a ton of ripe raspberries in our garden, along with a ton of rhubarb ready to be harvested! So we decided to spend our monday evening picking raspberries and rhubarb in preparation to make my mom a Raspberry Rhubarb pie for her birthday! I have never made a homemade pie before, so I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out. I got the recipies online for the pie and the crust.....and.......I think I did a pretty good job for my first time! I'm actually proud of myself, so I decided to share this and these pictures with all of you! :)



Kambria had fallen asleep early, so we put Eli in the Bumbo on the side deck and he just watched us and played with one of his favorite toys! He's such a good boy and pretty darn cute too!
The ending result!!!!
It was really yummy heated up with a little bit of vanilla ice cream!!!!!!!!!! I made two, one for my mom's birthday and one for us to enjoy too!


4 comments:

moxie mama said...

congrats! it's a beautiful pie!

Backwoods Browns said...

Yummy!! I love rhubarb! I bet it was great. I'd take Raspberries over strawberries any day! It looks edible so it must have been a big hit!:)

Misty said...

wow, way to go! Too bad I don't like raspberries. lol.

EternaLeppert said...

It was a very tasty pie! I got a slice of it with some ice cream when I went to their house that night to pick up Madeleine. Sorry, honey! I didn't bring any home! :)