Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween = Pumpkins

I still have a couple more catch up posts to do, but I figured I would at least post about Halloween since it is over and Thanksgiving is on its way!

Last Tuesday the kids and I went to my parent's house for our annual pumpkin carving and pizza night. Jon had a meeting and wasn't able to make it this year. It has been even more fun the last couple years since the kids are starting to get older and more into it!

mmmmm..........pumpkin goop!
The pumpkin eats up almost all of Kaden's arm! :)

My mom thought it would be fun to see if Eli likes pumpkin....raw.....the way this picture looks he doesn't look like he likes it, but he seemed to like it while he was licking/sucking on the scraper!

Eli's first pumpkin!

Kaden helped Grandpa K. poke the holes for the outline of the stencil

Kambria watching while I play "connect the dots" with the little carving knife

Our pumpkin masterpieces!.......

......and glowing in the dark^On each end is mine and my Dad's (I did a castle/mansion and my Dad did a silly pumpkin face)

The kids' pumpkins: Eli's basic pumpkin face, Kaden's skeleton, and Kambria's "Queen Crown"

No comments: